Science Department MissionThinking of a career as a nurse, doctor, respiratory therapist, petroleum engineer, physical therapist, radiologic or MRI technologist? Science courses at Westinghouse help students to breakdown real-world challenges by defining them and creating viable solutions that impact a product, themselves, and/or their surrounding communities.
Disciplinary SkillsSuccessful Science students are able to:
- Utilize tools and skills to analyze real world challenges.
- Explain the impact of chemicals in meeting the basic needs of food, clothing, shelter, health, energy, clean water, air, and soil within internal and external environments.
- Involve themselves in finding the solutions to scientific challenges.
- Attend to details in a professional way.
- Think critically in a variety of settings.
- Explore scientific phenomena with curiosity.
- Persevere through difficulties to achieve desired goals/outcomes.
- Display professional attitudes of respect and cooperation throughout learning and work experiences.
- Apply skills and knowledge in multiple disciplines.