Below are the responsibilities of remote learning for George Westinghouse High School students and their families:
1. Teachers will communicate to the students at the beginning of each class period (according to the revised bell schedule) with information for that class, including any links and/or attachments for assignments.
2. Students/parents will be asked to respond to the teacher via Zoom for each class to indicate that they are present. Teachers will record class attendance.
3. Assignments will be provided through teacher communication in Google Classroom to inform students about what school work should be completed.
4. Students are expected to complete assignments as assigned which will be used for their second marking period grades.
5. If your child is experiencing difficulty with any of their work, please email their teachers and/or guidance counselor to schedule a time for conferencing.
6. Our counseling professionals and administrators will be checking in on students and families, as needed. You are always welcomed to reach out to us.
7. Students with Individualized Education Programs (IEP) should anticipate classroom-based services. A remote learning plan will be emailed and uploaded into SESIS detailing specially designed instruction. IEP meetings will be conducted either by phone conference or a Zoom video conference. Families will be notified via email with a link and a password to attend the meeting.
8. Families should support students in being successful by establishing routines and habits that support their success in remote learning.
9. Families should ensure that students are adhering to their school’s contract for appropriate behavior on web-enabled devices.
George Westinghouse HS