Department Vision and Mission
The World Languages Department at George Westinghouse High School prepares students to utilize languages to enhance and internationalize their career pathways. We encourage a well-rounded understanding of a globalized society. Students bcome more marketable for post-secondary college and career opportunities.
Successful World Language students are able to:
- Become more engaged as global citizens.
- Communicate effectively through the four communicative modalities: listening, reading, speaking and writing.
- Comprehend the benefits of understanding other cultures and their effects on the students’ own cultures and on life in the United States.
- Accept the diversity in our society and tolerate the differences that make us unique.
- Respect the talents and contributions of others.
- Learn the essential skills needed to succeed in today’s technologically based world, such as critical thinking, problem solving, digital citizenship, digital communication and collaboration.
- Understand financial currencies and banking in a global economy.